Parks & Recreation
Welcome to the Blue Ash Parks & Recreation Department
Parks & Recreation Updates Regarding Covid-19
(Updated as of Thursday, May 14, 2020)
In response to the Governor’s recent announcements, regarding Stay Safe Ohio orders as they relate to the opening of community pools and other programming, we are currently evaluating how this announcement relates to the opening of the Blue Ash Recreation Center. We are working swiftly to determine the proper direction for our Recreation Center operations, day camps, tennis and other programming.
As we further examine all regulations and communicate with our local health department, we will continue to communicate our plans. Once we have determined how the full scope of the Governor’s message and our local health department guidelines relate directly to our facilities and operations, we will share that information with the community.
(Updated as of Saturday, May 23, 2020)
Like other municipalities and service-oriented businesses, we continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation to determine when we will be able to provide all of our previously offered amenities and services. We will take direction from the CDC, the Governor’s Office, State Health Department and the City of Blue Ash administration. In this very fluid time, we will rely on health experts’ advice regarding when to re-open our facilities.
Up to date information regarding our currently offered services, park and facility closures, and the status of our events and programs can be found below. Please help us by complying with these closures and reducing your risk of exposure by practicing social distancing while walking, hiking & biking in our parks.
We are doing our best to keep everyone safe while still providing outlets for activity and recreation. If you have questions, we are still answering the phones so please don’t hesitate to call us at (513) 745-8550 or email us at email@example.com.
Current Parks & Recreation Amenities in Operation
Our staff takes great pride in offering some of the best recreational programs and amenities in the region. Although we are disappointed to have to limit our current offerings, we believe that it is our job to provide safe recreational outlets for our community.
- All City of Blue Ash Parks are open for general use of the walkways, paths and bikeways. Please practice social distancing when using these spaces.
- The Blue Ash Golf Course is open for play. There have been some significant changes to the current operations, including online only reservations. For a complete list of operational changes and to make a tee time please visit www.blueashgolfcourse.com.
- The Sandtrap Grill, Tahona, Brown Dog Café, Senate, and Nanny Belle’s are all open for takeout at various times. Click on the restaurant to learn more.
- Follow us on Social Media for fun social distancing activities and other informative community shares.
- Online Health and Wellness Options. Although our facilities aren’t currently open, our fitness staff has virtual classes, programs, and information to share to help keep you healthy and moving. Visit www.blueash.com/fitness for more information.
Closures & Cancellations
Unless specifically stated, all closures and cancellations will be evaluated weekly as we utilize the most up to date information while considering safely re-opening our facilities, park amenities, programming and events.
- The Blue Ash Recreation Center is closed until further notice.
- Refunds have been processed for Rec fitness class pass holders. Your refund will be mailed to you in the form of a check.
- If you have questions about a specific program you can reach out to those individual instructors or for general questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Rec Center memberships will be extended the amount of time the facility is shut down (or the length of time left on their membership, whichever is shorter).
- Recreation Staff is currently creating plans for a safe opening when the green light is given to do so.
- Playgrounds and other Park Amenities.
- As stated above, the Parks are still open for walking, biking, hiking etc. We just ask that you practice social distancing and other recommended safe practices while enjoying the outdoor spaces.
- All Playgrounds are closed until further notice.
- Summit Park Observation Tower is closed until further notice.
- Restroom facilities located under the Canopy and under the Observation Tower will be reopening on Monday, May 18. All other restroom facilities will remain closed until further notice.
- Zagster bike usage is suspended until further notice.
- Rental Facilities
- Please visit www.coopercreekblueash.com for information regarding the Cooper Creek Event Center venue availability.
- If facility closures or gathering restrictions are still in place within two weeks of your upcoming rental our staff will be reaching out to you to discuss options for rescheduling.
- We are currently not accepting any new rental facility requests. When we are safely able to open our facilities and group gathering limitations allow, we will begin taking reservations again.
- Events. Unless otherwise stated above, all events have been cancelled through June 14, 2020.
- The events and programming team is working hard to come up with creative ways to keep our community engaged. Please check out our social media for the most up to date information regarding upcoming programming and fun interactive posts.
- Events after June 14th are being evaluated on a case by case basis. Please click here for more detailed information regarding upcoming event offerings.
- Programming. Swim, Tennis, Leagues, Youth Camps, etc.
- The Events and Programming Team is continuing to monitor the situation and is currently communicating with instructors to determine the best solution for each unique program. Most of our programming is dependent on the Rec Center re-opening and may also be limited based on available spaces, group size limitations and other potential safety regulations.
- Registration for all City of Blue Ash programming is postponed until further notice.
- UPDATE: The Blue Ash Recreation tennis courts will be available for first come, first served play beginning at Noon on Tuesday, May 26th. Please note that restroom facilities will not be available at this time. More information to follow soon regarding the opening of restroom facilities and upcoming court reservation procedures.
- A MESSAGE FROM BLUE ASH PARKS AND RECREATION DIRECTOR BRIAN KRUSE REGARDING COVID-19
The Blue Ash Parks & Recreation Department is responsible for the operation, programming, and maintenance associated with all of Blue Ash’s wonderful recreational amenities, including: the Recreation Center, Towne Square and Veteran's Memorial, Golf Course, Cooper Creek Event Center on the Golf Course, Sports Center, Nature Park and Amphitheatre, Historical Hunt House, Oakwood Park, Summit Park and all of our lovely parks throughout the City.
Please use the navigation on the left to guide you through the department's site.
community and does not discriminate on any basis in the provision of services.
Blue Ash Privacy and Refund Policy