Towne Square FAQ
Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out the Towne Square Survey, make a quick comment
, and/or send in a question to email@example.com
. Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding Towne Square.
- What were the results of the survey?
- What are the next steps?
- City Council has been updated on the survey results. Funds are in the 2021 budget to begin design work this year. Construction will take place after further Council design approval. This process could take up to a year.
- How can I best understand the plans presented?
- There is a video available that offers shortened descriptions and photos of the two concepts. There are also 15 presentation boards available at the Recreation Center to view in person. Those same boards are displayed in the online slideshow presentation. The boards and slideshow provide the most detail but keep in mind this is a purely conceptual design put together to evoke creativity and feedback.
- When is this project planned to take place?
- There is no plan at this time to begin construction at any particular time. This is the early conceptual process that is designed to gain feedback on the idea of a park renovation and specific amenities.
- How will the Veterans Memorial be impacted?
- Both Option A and Option B include the Memorial. There are no plans to have it removed as it serves as an integral part of our park system and demonstration of our support and thanks for our military. In Option A, the plan would rebuild the memorial (the sub-surface is failing) into a similar shape as it is today. Option B would also still utilize the same statues, flags and pavers, however, it does alter the shape of the space so it would be more inviting and encourage more foot traffic as well as visibility. It would also align the Memorial with the new stage so both amenities could be used for Memorial events such as Memorial Day and Veterans Day. With both plans, we have been working with our local Blue Ash Legion to align the vision.
- What is the best way to get specific answers if I have questions?