Free tax prep available for elderly and low to moderate income individuals in Blue Ash
(January 28, 2022 - Blue Ash)
Free tax preparation is available for the elderly and low to moderate income individuals in Blue Ash and the surrounding communities.
The AARP Tax Counseling for the Elderly Program* is offering these services at the Sharonville Community Center, 10990 Thornview Drive, Sharonville, and Mayerson Jewish Community Center, 8485 Ridge Road, Amberley Village.
You must make an appointment for either location and bring the following items with you:
• A photo ID for each adult on the return
• Your Social Security card and SS cards for EACH person on the return
• Your copy of your tax returns for the last two years (2020 and 2019)
• All income information from 2021 (W-2s, W-2G, 1099-Rs, SS Statements, Interest and Dividends Statements, Stock sales, etc.)
• All expense information from 2021 (charitable contributions, tax statements, mortgage statements, medical expenses, etc.)
• Direct deposit bank information (a canceled check works)
• Form/letter 1444-C from the IRS for the Rebate Recovery Credit
• Form/letter 6419 from the IRS if you received Advance Child Tax Credits
Sharonville Community Center:
Drop-off service is available. Call 513-563-2895 to make an appointment. Appointments are available on Tuesdays from February 1 through April 8. Prior to your appointment, you must arrange to pick up forms. The forms must be completed and brought with you to your appointment. You will be contacted when your return is complete and arrange a time to pick up your completed return.
Mayerson Jewish Community Center, Amberley Village:
Call 513-761-7500 to make an appointment. Appointments are available on Thursdays from February 3 to March 31. You will get a packet of forms that you will fill out the same day as your appointment. Taxpayers may wait on-site for the return to be completed and will then have a brief meeting with the preparer to discuss the return.
*The AARP TCE is a free service specifically set up to assist elderly citizens but it is available to all low to moderate income individuals and families.