Blue Ash Fire Department featured in life-saving segments on Ellen show and Ring social media

(November 29, 2021 - Blue Ash)BAFD Carbon monoxide safety

A local family was saved from carbon monoxide poisoning thanks to a Ring alarm and the Blue Ash Fire Department.

The Texier family’s story has been featured on the Ellen DeGeneres show and in Ring social media posts.

When a carbon monoxide alarm sounded, the Ring Monitoring Service called the family and the Blue Ash Fire Department, according to Ring.

The family evacuated and when firefighters arrived they found carbon monoxide throughout the house.

“A big shout out to the Blue Ash Fire Department for getting to our house to help save us,” said Andre Texier in a Facebook message to the City.

Watch the Ring clip on YouTube above and click here to watch the Texier’s story on EllenTube.
Carbon Monoxide safety tips:

  • Install CO alarms in your home outside separate sleeping areas and on every floor.
  • Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, and confusion.
  • If you suspect CO poisoning, get outside to fresh air immediately, and then call 911.
Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission