Important 2017 Pool Information
Please take a moment to review the important information below in regards to construction at the Blue Ash Recreation Center:
Family Wading Pool Under Construction: We will share more information when we have an official date for opening. The timeline is weather dependant but we are pushing for mid-end of June for the Family Wading Pool to be open and ready for use.
Areas Affected During Construction: Cabana entrance, locker room access, concession stand, concession area (where guests can eat), guard shack/first aid station, and alternate handicap parking spots.
- Cabana Entrance – The pool entrance has been altered in order to accommodate the operation of the construction entrance. Keep in mind that guests (including children) will still need a membership card to check in at the cabana. Direct access to and from the locker rooms will be possible during pool operating hours (with the exception of early morning programming).
- Locker Room Entrance – Due to the construction areas intersecting the locker room entrance, access to the locker rooms in the morning will not be possible from the pool deck. The construction entrance will remain open during the morning for deliveries, but will close approximately 15 minutes prior to opening pool times. At this time, entrance to and from the pool deck is permitted.
- Concession Stand – The concession stand will be operating out of the Tennis Shack until construction is completed. Access to the Tennis Shack will be located in the grassy area of the pool. This area is not intended to be an entrance to the pool; members must check in at the Welcome Desk or the Cabana. Our menu will be streamlined during this process due to facility constraints which include cold drinks, bagged snacks, and hot dogs.
- Concession Area – The area is located in the grass section of the pool and is equipped with picnic tables and trash cans. All food and drink (outside of bottled water) needs to remain in this area
- Alternate Handicap Parking – The three handicap parking spaces that are located just outside our cabana entrance have been moved to an adjacent area temporarily. Sign age and cones dictate those stalls, in which four are available.
Pool rules will remain effect during this time frame including:
- Glass and alcohol is prohibited.
- Please keep food and drinks in the Concession Area.
- Hard sided coolers are not permitted (small soft coolers are permitted, but please do not bring glass or school and remember that eating must take place in our Concession Area only).
- To access the pool via the Outdoor Cabana Entry, all members (children included) must have their membership card. Otherwise, access must be through the Welcome Desk.
Please be aware that temporary fencing is in place separating the main pool from the construction area. Please take special care to be sure that you or your children do not move or try to cross the temporary fencing into the construction area.
Swim Team – Morning Blue Ash Blue Fins Swim Team practice starts on Tuesday, May 30th. Read below for some very important details regarding pool and building access:
- Due to construction deliveries in the morning, there will be no direct access to the pool from the locker rooms (the entrance will be operational during construction and runs directly between the building and the pool). Access to the pool for Swim Team practice will be limited to the gate located at the deep end of our main pool. There are bathroom accommodations located at the Tennis Courts that can be accessed from this gate.
Swim Team Practice Age Group Breakdowns
- Ages 11 and up (8:15-9:30a.m.)
- Ages 9 & 10 (9:30- 10:15 a.m.)
- Ages 8 and under (10:15- 10:45 a.m.)
Tot Swim – Our 2017 Tot Swim Program launch will be postponed until the opening of the Family Wading Pool. Once the Family Wading Pool is open, Tot Swim times will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
Early Bird Lap Swim – Early Bird Lap Swim will start the week from June 5th from 6:15 – 7:45 a.m. Read below for some very important details regarding pool and building access:
- Due to construction deliveries in the morning, there will be no direct access to the pool from the locker rooms (the entrance will be operational during construction and runs directly between the building and our pool). Access to the pool for Early Bird Swim will be limited to the gate located at the deep end of our main pool. There are bathroom accommodations located at the Tennis Courts that can be accessed from this gate.
To view a map of the affected areas, click here.