Duke Energy Field Work
Duke Energy will be contacting parcel owners within Blue Ash notifying them of field work required for Duke's application to the Ohio Power Siting Board. The calls will initiate on November 1st and a sample of the information that will be shared during the phone calls is provided below:
- Additional field work is required along the two route alternatives that are currently being reviewed by the Ohio Power Siting Board. The field work includes ecological surveys, surface and subsurface reviews, which require Duke Energy or one of our consultants to briefly access your property. We will be reviewing your property for streams, wetlands and potentially doing land surveying. If a stream or wetland is found, Ohio Utility Protection Service would be contacted to locate utilities in the area of the stream or wetland. The subsurface study will be completed by pushing a small ¾” diameter soil probe into the ground to confirm the soil type. Once reviewed, the soil sample would be returned to the ground. We will not need access to any structures.
- This field work does not necessarily mean this route will be selected or that an easement on your property will be needed to construct the line. This work is merely being done to gather data concerning the possible use of this route.
- We are planning to begin the field work in your neighborhood during the next few days. We will need anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours to complete the work on your property. It is not necessary for you to be home during this time.
- We will knock on your door once we arrive to notify anyone on the property of our presence outside.
- We will make every effort to minimize any disruption to you or your property. Although the field work may include minimal disruption to some properties, we do not expect it to result in any damage. (To the extent we need to disturb the land, we will coordinate our restoration activities with you.)
- As a safety precaution, please be aware of our crews and the additional vehicles that may be present in your neighborhood during this time.