Memberships Hours of Operation Age Policies
Recreation Department Vision Statement
The Blue Ash Recreation Department will encourage and enhance the healthy lifestyles of all of our community members by providing the following:
- Exceptional customer service through a unified, inviting and well-informed staff.
- Safe and well maintained facilities that remain current and meet the varying needs of our diverse group of patrons.
- Superior services, programs, and events that meet the evolving needs of our community while maintaining a standard that sets Blue Ash apart from other communities locally, regionally and nationally.
The Blue Ash Recreation Department is a leader in community recreation, that serves a diverse population through leisure, activity and purpose. By being the best version of ourselves, we work together to motivate, mentor and make memories.
We are Committed
We are Reliable
We are Respectful
We are Kind
We are Fun
We are Hardworking
We are a Team
We are a Community
Originally built in 1979, the Blue Ash Recreation Center was considered state-of-the-art with a gymnasium, exercise facilities, and an outdoor pool. The pool was the second largest re-circulating pool in the Cincinnati area, second only to Coney Island.
To meet popular demands, the Recreation Center was renovated in the fall 1994. Renovations included the Fitness Center, which now features state-of-the art strength and cardiovascular equipment, and a 10,000 square foot gymnasium, complete with wood floor, bleacher seating, athletic and banquet lighting, an elevated stage, and a food service area that can be utilized, on a limited basis, as a banquet and meeting facility.
The Recreation Center under-went a second renovation in 2007-2009. This expansion and renovation project replaced most of the outdated 1979 building and enhanced the other parts of the facility. The result is a 120,000 sq. ft. facility with renovated and new leisure and recreation spaces including: an indoor 1/10th of a mile track, 2-story fitness center, saunas, locker rooms, family changing rooms, lounge area, climbing wall, game room, fitness studios, meeting spaces and other enhancements.
- Outdoor Olympic-size swimming pool
- 145-foot dual twist-tube water slides
- Outdoor wading pool featuring a variety of children's interactive play features
- Eight outdoor lighted tennis courts
- 12-acre nature park (shelters available for rental)
- Soccer/baseball field
- Two gymnasiums
- Two racquetball courts
- 2-story fitness center - includes two fitness studios, access to the climbing wall, and an elevated indoor track
- Locker rooms - featuring dry saunas and individual shower stalls
- Family changing rooms
- 1,400 sq. ft. climbing wall
- Game room - featuring table tennis, air hockey, and Foosball!
- Tot playroom
- Meeting rooms (available for rental)
The Recreation Center is a “controlled access” facility and requires a membership to utilize the amenities. Click here for more information on memberships.
Those who do not have a current membership are considered guests. These rules apply to all guests:
- Guests must accompany a member at all times unless they are a resident of Blue Ash.
- Residents who do not hold a current membership will be granted into the facility after verification and proof of residence is established and charged a daily admission fee.
- Residents who do not hold a current membership will be considered “guests”.
- Guests are not permitted to purchase guest passes for use.
Labor Day - Memorial Day - Fall and Winter Hours
|Monday - Thursday||6:00 AM - 9:30 PM|
|Friday||6:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
Sunday, April 9 - Closed
FACILITY AGE POLICIES
General Facility Use Age Policy (this includes all areas of the recreation center except the fitness center and the climbing wall)
All children ages 11 and under require supervision by a responsible person 15 years of age or older.
Fitness Center Age Policy:
- All users 16 years of age or older may use the fitness center without restriction.
- All users 14 and 15 years of age require a fitness orientation to use the fitness center without restriction.
- All users 10 to 13 years of age require a fitness orientation and supervision by a responsible person 16 years of age or older to use the fitness center.
- All users 9 and under are not permitted to use the fitness center.
Climbing Wall Age Policy:
All climbers under 10 years of age must be supervised by an adult 16 years of age or older during operating hours.
Non-Operating Rules and Age Policy:
No Top-Roping; Auto-Belay usage and Bouldering only.
Climbers must have a recreation membership and follow all fitness center rules.
- All climbers 16 years of age or older require a climbing wall orientation.
- All climbers 14 and 15 years of age require a climbing wall orientation and fitness orientation.
- All climbers 10 to 13 years of age require a climbing wall orientation, a fitness orientation, and supervision by a responsible person 16 years of age or older.
- All climbers 9 and under are not permitted to use the climbing wall during non-operating hours.
Back to Top