Originally built in 1979, the Blue Ash Recreation Center was considered state-of-the-art with a gymnasium, exercise facilities, and an outdoor pool. The pool was the second largest re-circulating pool in the Cincinnati area, second only to Coney Island.
To meet popular demands, the Recreation Center was renovated in the fall 1994. Renovations included the Fitness Center, which now features state-of-the art strength and cardiovascular equipment, and a 10,000 square foot gymnasium, complete with wood floor, bleacher seating, athletic and banquet lighting, an elevated stage, and a food service area that can be utilized, on a limited basis, as a banquet and meeting facility.
The Recreation Center under-went a second renovation in 2007-2009. This expansion and renovation project replaced most of the outdated 1979 building and enhanced the other parts of the facility. The result is a 120,000 sq. ft. facility with renovated and new leisure and recreation spaces including: an indoor 1/10th of a mile track, 2-story fitness center, whirlpool and saunas, new locker rooms, family changing rooms, cafe and lounge, climbing wall, game room, fitness studios, meeting spaces and other enhancements.
- Outdoor Olympic-size swimming pool
- 145-foot dual twist-tube water slides
- Outdoor wading pool featuring a variety of children's interactive play features
- Eight outdoor lighted tennis courts
- 12-acre nature park (shelters available for rental)
- Soccer/baseball field
- Two gymnasiums
- Two racquetball courts
- 2-story fitness center - includes two fitness studios, access to the climbing wall, and an elevated indoor track
- Locker rooms - featuring dry saunas and individual shower stalls
- Family changing rooms
- Cafe and lounge
- 1,400 sq. ft. climbing wall
- Game room - featuring billiards, table tennis, air hockey, Wii, 50" flat screen TV, arcade games, and more!
- Tot playroom
- Meeting rooms (available for rental)
MEMBERSHIP AND FACILITY USE INFORMATION
Click here for current information on memberships, admissions, and facility policies at the Recreation Center.
The Recreation Center is a “controlled access” facility and requires a membership to utilize the amenities. Click here for more information on memberships. If a membership card is forgotten, a guest fee will be charged to the account in order to gain entrance into the facility. A lost card may be replaced for $5.
Those who do not have a current membership are considered guests. These rules apply to all guests:
- Guests must accompany a member at all times unless they are a resident of Blue Ash.
- Residents who do not hold a current membership will be granted into the facility after verification and proof of residence is established and charged a daily admission fee.
- Residents who do not hold a current membership will be considered “guests”.
- Guests are not permitted to purchase guest passes for use.
GUEST PASSES - Fees and number of free guest passes effective starting October 1, 2020
- All Annual Single Membership Passes will receive (3) Free Guest Passes
- All Annual Family Membership Passes will receive (5) Free Guest Passes
- $10 Guest fee for members ages 16 to 61
- $5 Guest fee for members ages 3-15 and 62+
Labor Day - Memorial Day - Fall and Winter Hours
Friday 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Saturdays 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Mon., September 6 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Wed., November 24 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thurs., November 25 CLOSED
Fri., November 26 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri., December 24 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Sat., December 25 CLOSED
Sun., December 26 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Fri., December 31 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Sun., January 2 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Lockers are available for daily use by simply bringing your own lock with you. If you do not have a lock, they are available for purchase at the Welcome Desk for $5. Overnight usage of daily lockers is not permitted. If you would like to use a locker overnight, you may rent a locker with your membership for a fee of $25 per year.
LUNCHTIME BASKETBALL - AGES 18+
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Registration: stop by the Welcome Desk to sign up. All participants are required to complete a waiver and pre-registered to paricipate in the program.
Free to Recreation Center Members!
$150 Annual Pass
$45 3-Month Pass
$10 Daily Fee
SENIOR BASKETBALL - AGES 62+
Join Senior Basketball on Tuesdays and Fridays!
Days: Tuesdays & Fridays
Time: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Free and open to the public! (must be at least 62 years of age to participate) No registration required.