Community Development

Zoning Verification & Compliance

The City of Blue Ash will provide Zoning information for properties in the City. Please call 513-745-8520.

The City will provide a letter upon request, which will be very similar to this sample verification letter. A verification letter will not contain definitive statements relative to compliance with all pertinent regulations because there may be current violations of which the City is not aware. Please direct any questions to Planning and Zoning Administrator Paul Kleier at or 513-745-8542.

If a development was permitted as a result of a Special Use Permit, a Planned Development approval, a variance, or any other action by a Board, Committee, Commission, or City Council, then you may come to the City to view the files and meeting minutes related to those approvals, assuming they are available. Copies of the files and minutes of the meetings at which the approvals were granted will not be provided with a verification letter. If you wish to view the files in person, please call to make arrangements in advance.

Property owners are required by law to maintain t­heir own Certificates of Occupancy (CO), which are issued upon completion of construction, tenant finishes, and for changes of use. If you cannot locate a CO, the City can provide copies only from the last 5 years.

Copies of the Code and Map will not be provided with a verification letter. The Codified Ordinances are available online at The Zoning Map can be downloaded here.

Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) are available at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) website.