Welcome to the Blue Ash Recreation Center
Originally built in 1979, the Blue Ash Recreation Center was considered state-of-the-art with a gymnasium, exercise facilities, and an outdoor pool. The pool was the second largest re-circulating pool in the Cincinnati area, second only to Coney Island.
To meet popular demands, the Recreation Center was renovated in the fall 1994. Renovations included the Fitness Center, which now features state-of-the art strength and cardiovascular equipment, and a 10,000 square foot gymnasium, complete with wood floor, bleacher seating, athletic and banquet lighting, an elevated stage, and a food service area that can be utilized, on a limited basis, as a banquet and meeting facility.
The Recreation Center under-went a second renovation in 2007-2009. This expansion and renovation project replaced most of the outdated 1979 building and enhanced the other parts of the facility. The result is a 120,000 sq. ft. facility with renovated and new leisure and recreation spaces including: an indoor 1/10th of a mile track, 2-story fitness center, whirlpool and saunas, new locker rooms, family changing rooms, cafe and lounge, climbing wall, game room, fitness studios, meeting spaces and other enhancements.
FACILITY USE MANUAL This easy to read use manual will help you learn more about the Recreation Center. Looking for rules on what age your child needs to be to swim at the pool without supervision? Need to know how to get a guest into the facility? If you need information, it's all at your fingertips! Click here for a PDF version of the manual.
- outdoor Olympic-size swimming pool
- 145-foot dual twist-tube water slides
- outdoor wading pool featuring a variety of children's interactive play features
- eight outdoor lighted tennis courts
- 12-acre nature park (shelters available for rental)
- soccer/baseball field
- two gymnasiums
- two racquetball courts
- 2-story fitness center - includes two fitness studios, access to the climbing wall, and an elevated indoor track
- locker rooms - featuring dry saunas and individual shower stalls
- family changing rooms
- cafe and lounge
- 1,400 sq. ft. climbing wall
- game room - featuring billiards, table tennis, air hockey, Wii, 50" flat screen TV, arcade games, and more!
- tot playroom/babysitting facility
- meeting rooms (available for rental)
The Recreation Center is a “controlled access” facility and requires a membership to utilize the amenities. Click here for more information on memberships. If a membership card is forgotten, a guest fee will be charged to the account in order to gain entrance into the facility. A lost card may be replaced for $5.
Those who do not have a current membership are considered guests. These rules apply to all guests:
- Guests must accompany a member at all times unless they are a resident of Blue Ash.
- Residents who do not hold a current membership will be granted into the facility after verification and proof of residence is established and charged a daily admission fee.
- Residents who do not hold a current membership will be considered “guests”.
- Guests are not permitted to purchase guest passes for use.
- New memberships receive guest passes credited directly onto their membership card. Family memberships receive 10 free passes and single memberships receive 5 passes that will expire when the membership expires. Additional guest passes may be purchased.
- Passes may be redeemed at the control desk or pool cabana upon arrival (one pass per guest). All guests must be in attendance with members at check-in and throughout the entire visit.
- If paying the daily admission fee for guests, fees are as follows; Senior Citizens (62+) and disabled is $2; ages 16 to 61 years is $5, ages 3 to 15 years is $3. Children under age 3: no charge.
- Residents of the City of Blue Ash may enter the facility by purchasing a daily pass and showing proof of residency. Guest privileges are not extended for this type of admission.
|RECREATION CENTER HOURS|
|Monday - Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|Memorial Day Weekend - Weekend before Labor Day Weekend||6AM - 9:30PM||8AM - 8:30PM||10AM - 6:30PM|
|All other times||Mon-Thu 6AM - 9:30PM|
Friday 6AM - 9PM
|8AM - 6PM||10AM - 4PM|
|Click here for Pool Hours|
Back to Top
Lockers are available for daily use by simply bringing your own lock with you. If you do not have a lock, they are available for purchase at the Welcome Desk for $5. Overnight usage of daily lockers is not permitted. If you would like to use a locker overnight, you may rent a locker with your membership for a fee of $25 per year.
A weekly gym schedule is posted at each gymnasium for the purpose of priority scheduling. The gym schedule is subject to change without notice! The Gym schedule does not reflect ALL of the offerings of our programs and classes. For a complete list of our classes and programs, please refer to the Fitness & Wellness page.